Skip navigation

How do I prove my value? Measuring the Community Manager and making the case to grow the team

Description:

Measurement, ROI, Analytics, Value… We know it’s important; we know it’s expected; we know it’s challenging. And that’s just for the community itself. If we measure a community, we’re measuring a tool – something with clear actions and data which is built to work a certain way. In measuring a tool, you can use those actions and functions and data to show value. (Easier said than done, of course.) On the other hand, if we measure a community manager, we are measuring a person. This person takes actions and has a particular set of skills, but is more maestro than machine. Furthermore, measuring community managers – and what they are expected to achieve – is the cornerstone to being able to effectively make the case for more resources to grow your program.

Join this session to hear 2 customers share:

• A method for measuring community professionals with tips for customizing it for your roles
  • How to use data to justify adding program resources and deciding their role in growing the program

While this session focuses on internal program case studies, the techniques and approaches can be applied to external programs as well.

And be sure to also view and dowload the session presentation here How do I prove my value? Measuring the Community Manager and making the case to grow the team  to access the rich templates Kirsten Laaspere provides to get you started.

Comments