With thousands of users and tens of thousands of pieces of Jive content, National Instruments needed a way to manage, and keep up-to-date, sales and marketing materials for a sales force serving over 35,000 companies in nearly 50 countries around the globe. They ended up developing a robust, hierarchical content bookmarking plug-in, that targeted version 5 of the Jive platform – and their users loved it!
When National Instruments decided to migrate to a cloud-hosted instance of Jive 7, their mission-critical “Clusters” app needed to go with it. NI worked alongside Austin, Texas-based Jive partner, FG SQUARED, to port and enhance the “Clusters” app. Now they are going to share some of what they learned along the way…
This talk is a deep dive into some of the technical challenges you might encounter when porting legacy Jive plug-ins to run on the latest Jive platform.
Some of the topics discussed will include:
- Authentication and authorization using OAuth and OSAPI
- Constraints of running in an IFRAME.
- Data migration
- Tools, tips, and tricks for debugging
- Cross-domain security issues
- Installing and updating add-ons
- Creating single-page applications (SPAs) in Jive using AngularJS